Stop wasting your energy on barking orders and telling people what to do. It’s far more effective and satisfying to lead by example. It’s one of the greatest leadership hacks of all time because people respond better to what they see, not what they're told.
I host Eric Liebowitz, CISO of Thales Americas, who shares a key insight that explains why leading by example works and a essential strategy to immediately begin leading more effectively.
Thales is a global Aerospace, Transportation, Cybersecurity and Defense organization with a complex IT environment and multiple product lines. They have over 81,000 employees across 5 continents.
Eric has over 15 years in the cybersecurity space. He is a strong leader who is experienced in building and maturing Information Security programs for large Financial Services and Technology organizations. Eric started his career on Wall Street where he led a global team of security professionals that implemented a 24/7 Security Operations Center to monitor threats and respond to attacks at Lehman Brothers.
He then moved on to Freddie Mac where he built and led multiple teams in different security disciplines such as Identity & Access Management, Governance, Risk and Compliance and Security Monitoring & Incident Response.
Eric’s attributes include strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to translate technical and risk based solutions to senior management as well as business partners. He also has a demonstrated track record of delivering innovative Security solutions that meet corporate strategic goals while promoting a team-oriented work environment.
Eric has partnered with peers in other organizations to start a CISO roundtable with security leaders from the Virginia, Maryland and DC area. He is also a 9 year contributing member of the CISO Executive Network. He holds the CISSP, CISA and CISM certifications and is a member of ISACA National DC chapter and ISC2.
Eric's LinkedIn profile
Thales Group website
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- What Eric learned at the biggest defining moment in his career.
- Vital strategies to strike the balance between working hard and taking care of yourself.
- What to do when you don’t speak the language in the room.
- Why leaders must become PROACTIVE when it comes to employee retention.
- The reality of the staffing shortages in the Cyber Security industry.
- Why leading by example is so effective.
- The importance of leading with integrity and how to do it.
- How to have a one-on-one meeting that builds a personal connection every time.
Connect with the Host, #1 bestselling author Ben Fanning