A documentary showed his weakness….
… then it elevated his leadership and inspired thousands.
Godard Abel is a 5x B2B SaaS Entrepreneur and Co-Founder and CEO of G2, the world's largest and most trusted software marketplace, which he co-founded in 2012.
G2 is used by 80 million people annually with over 2 million authentic peer reviews. It’s valued at $1.1B today.
While Godard’s career on the surface looks like a massive succession of “homeruns”, he wasn’t feeling successful on the inside. He was struggling mightily with his mental and physical health. He was in a bad place and made an incredible personal comeback.
Then he felt compelled to share the darkest moments in a LinkedIn/Hubspot documentary because he believes it can help others.
I love his story, and I think you’ll be inspired as I was.
He also serves as Executive Chairman of ThreeKit, a leading 3D visualization technology company, and Logik.io, a next generation configuration technology.
Previously, he was Founder and CEO of SteelBrick, which was acquired by Salesforce and also previously co-founded BigMachines, where he served as CEO and built it into a leading software-as-a-service provider which was acquired by Oracle in 2013.
Godard's LinkedIn profile
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- What drives him.
- The impact of attending a Waldorf school as a child.
- Why he decided to show his most vulnerable side in a documentary.
- Using anxiety and uncertainty as fuel to create.
- How having a coach has helped him.
- His “Entrepreneur Alter Ego”.
- What happened when his company faced bankruptcy.
- How a forum he joined changed his life.
- What happens in his CEO peer-group meetings.
- What he’s doing now that he’s never done at previous companies.
- How authenticity is transforming his business and industry.
- Why Linkedin is becoming the gold standard of trust.
- What he learned from his first business as a teenager.
- A tip for talking to your kids about business.
Connect with the Host, #1 bestselling author Ben Fanning