Thank You to Our Sponsor
This episode is brought to by Kane Logistics now part of ID Logistics -- A leader in warehousing, co-packing, and transportation for 90 years. They cover the globe with over 360 locations and over 80 millions square ft of warehousing space and a trusted partner for warehousing, packaging, and fulfillment. Learn more at id-logistics.com
How much does it really cost to lose a good leader? You've worked hard to find and recruit the best talent. Don't let them walk out the door without a fight. The best place to start is with understanding the devastating impact of turnover on your bottom line.
I hosted Jim Arnold, Chief Financial Officer at ID Logistics US, who shares the strategy they used to improve their employee retention up to 70% during the worst turnover periods in US history – The Great Resignation.
He has over 30 years of operational and financial leadership with expertise in private start-up, venture backed, private equity owned and public companies, including NCR, AT&T, Cable & Wireless, Americold Logistics, CMA CGM (America) and GXO Logistics.
Jim also has his own consulting company, Red Sky Advisors, serving the Logistics, Finance, Tradeshow, and Utility industries.
He was recognized as Virginia CFO of the Year Award for Large Private Companies. He also serves on the Board of Directors for Metro Group Maritime.
Jim has a strong educational background with a dual major BS in Finance and Accounting from the Farmer School of Business at Miami University and a MS focused in Finance from The Johns Hopkins University - Carey Business School.
Jim and his wife Robin live in North Carolina and have five children – two daughters and three sons.
Jim's LinkedIn profile
ID Logistics website
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- What “horse flipping” teaches you about leadership, building a team, and investing.
- Facing the leadership dilemma between being strategic and getting deep into the details.
- Advice for navigating a high-inflation environment.
- Why taking “uncommon” positions makes you a focused leader.
- Why getting a side hustle makes you a better leader.
- A powerful strategy to build consensus at work.
- The best strategy to train and retain your team at the same time.
- The “field-trip” approach to building your team’s business acumen.
- Applying Parkinson’s law avoiding procrastination.
- Five ways every leader can grow more quickly.
Jim’s moniker “ACHIEVE” stands for Action, Communication, Honesty, Intensity, Entrepreneurship, Values, and Employees.
The Art of Gathering by Priya Parker
Connect with the Host, #1 bestselling author Ben Fanning
Speaking and Training inquires
Subscribe to my Youtube channel