Mahesh M. Thakur is Vice President of Product at GoDaddy. He is also co-founder and former CEO of PhotoWeaver with over 20 years of experience working at Microsoft, Amazon, and Intuit, He is a member of the MG 100 coaches family and has hired, coached, and transformed product and engineering leaders at some of the world’s fastest-growing companies.
He is a visionary leader who loves building products and companies that are mission driven and take a customer-first approach.
Visit www.impeccableinterview.com to learn more about Mahesh and how he can help you accelerate your career as a leader in technology. You can download his 6-step approach to achieving growth and success here.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER FROM THIS EPISODE:
- What Mahesh learned from becoming an entrepreneur at the age of 11.
- The inspiring and harrowing story of his grandparents' experience as a refugees in 1947.
- The three guiding life principles his grandparents passed down that still influence his leadership today.
- The impact of the India Partition.
- How your career decisions today can impact future generations.
- Mahesh’s passion for working with small businesses, while working for several large companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Intuit, and GoDaddy.
- A powerful yet simple strategy to teach your employees customer empathy.
- An empathy connection to former CEO Sessions guest, Pamay Bassey, who is an author and Chief Learning and Diversity Officer at Kraft Heinz.
- Why he encourages all employees at GoDaddy to use their products.
- Advice for employees who are from underrepresented groups in the C-Suite and are on a mission to get there.
- How GoDaddy supports diversity, and how it contributes to their success.
- The one trait he wishes he could instill in every employee… “Customer Obsession”.
- What is it about Intuit CEO, Brad Smith, that makes him Mahesh's biggest inspiration?
- The unexpected twist in his career during the Tech Meltdown in the 90’s, and how it led to his success down the road.
- How CEO’s can maximize their impact.
- What Mahesh learned on Bill Gates’ last day at Microsoft.
How can CEOs maximize their impact:
- Do an excellent job putting their message together.
- Inspire and impact people with that message.
When you're a small business owner… “I don’t have the time to say 'I don’t know', I just have the time to say 'how much does it cost to go from A to B?'.”
“There’s no correlation between busyness and success. The only correlation is with learning.”
“Believe in continuous learning.”
Connect with Ben: