To Be Great, You Need Great Mentors
Avoid using your time, energy, and resources “reinventing the wheel”.
There’s someone that’s been there and succeeded. It's up to you to identify who to ask for feedback then be open to what’s said.
That’s mentorship, you’re going to take a lot from this powerful interview with COO and Executive Vice President at Juniper Networks, Manoj Leelanivas.
He shares a poignant story of the impact of mentorship in his own life and reveals his personal mentorship playbook that ALL professionals can benefit from…. whether your a mentor, mentee or both!
If you don’t know Manoj he’s responsible for all products, engineering, and cloud operations. He also oversees all marketing to align products with Juniper's go-to-market strategy and execution.
Juniper has over 9,000 employees in 50 countries and nearly $5 billion in revenue.
He’s a leader within the technology industry and the majority of his years of intellectual curiosity and professional leadership have been dedicated to Juniper’s vision of connecting everything and empowering everyone.
With over 30 years of expertise in the technology industry, Manoj has experienced first-hand how being a mentor and mentee can play a pivotal role in career success.
Manoj's LinkedIn profile
Juniper Networks website
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- What he’s Learned as a Podcasting Executive.
- What renowned Cisco CEO, John Morgridge, taught him about work-life balance.
- How to get your team to do their best work.
- His three-step approach to mentorship.
- Why there’s a correlation between mentoring and job satisfaction.
- How great mentorship impacted his life.
- Advice for young professionals looking for mentors.
Connect with the Host, #1 bestselling author Ben Fanning