“Employee Empowerment” can feel risky and like you're losing control.
If it makes you uneasy, then you need to hear this interview.
I host Mark McCullough, CEO at Gebrüder Weiss (GW), who shares his top strategy for creating a culture of empowerment while mitigating the risks.
You’ll discover how his approach can turn your workplace into a dynamic, empowered environment where employees are eager to take ownership of their work and drive impressive results.
Mark’s been in logistics and transportation for 28 years. He joined the company 18 years ago and worked his way up from salesperson to the top US role.
GW is a family-run transportation and logistics organization with a 550-year history with more than 8,400 employees. They are the longest-running transportation company in the world having started in 1474.
Mark's LinkedIn profile
Gebrüder Weiss (GW)'s website
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- What playing Nintendo as a kid can teach about leadership.
- The career insight from running a paper route at 11 years old.
- How a company thrives for 550 years.
- What happened when he had an “empty suit” manager.
- The realization he had when his mettle was tested during COVID.
- Why he’s a believer in having a “flat” organization.
- His biggest source of inspiration in life and how a tough time got him through.
- An insight for increasing work-life balance.
- The story of a career setback that led to a comeback.
- A colorful story of when someone was fired.
Connect with the Host, #1 bestselling author Ben Fanning