How does a leader earn the respect of their employees? It's an important question to consider because when your employees respect you, it's easier to create
positive change and deliver results.
Mark Whitten is President & CEO of Spartanburg Steel Products (SSP) in Spartanburg South Carolina, and shares effective strategies
and case studies from his career that demonstrate how to make it happen. They are a Tier 1 and 2 supplier to companies including BMW, Honda, Volvo, John Deere and Kubota.
He is a results-driven senior business leader with more than 25 years of manufacturing experience, including international assignments in Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
Mark's LinkedIn Profile
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER FROM THIS EPISODE:
- What gives Mark his leadership edge.
- Why working your way from the bottom prepares you for future leadership.
- The surprising moment when Mark felt challenged to grow.
- What you can learn from watching poor leaders.
- How to earn the respect of every employee.
- The secret sauce for employee engagement.
- Spartanburg Steel 2.0.
- The twist in Mark’s career that led to his professional growth.
- The traits Mark would instill in every employee... ownership and ambition!
Traits Mark would instill in every employee:
“Great leaders are influential, poor leaders use the power button.“
“Attitude is a HUGE differentiator.”
Connect with Ben: