One question revealed her leadership style.
It weakens your impact when you “perform” or “fake it til you make it” as a leader. Even if you’ve pulled it off for a while, it eventually catches up with you and decreases your motivation leading to burnout. Your career is a life-long journey and it’s vital to play the long game!
Michelle Chiantera is Chief Marketing Officer at Alludo and shares the inspiring moment she discover her authentic leadership style and the insightful process that helped her accelerate her career to the executive ranks.
Alludo is a global technology company with 2.5 million customers based in Ottawa, ON that includes Parallels®, CorelDRAW®, MindManager®, and WinZip®.
Michelle has had a 25-year career and also served as a senior leader at CISCO and serves on the board of Building Minds in South Sudan (BMISS) and as the Fundraising Chair (June 2020-present).
As part of the BMISS work, Michelle funds a woman-owned business in the village of Mayen-Abun in Twic State, South Sudan. Through hard work and the BMISS investment, Michelle is incredibly proud that the business owner was able to send her first child to a university in Egypt.
Michelle's LinkedIn profile
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- What happened when she funded a woman-owned business in South Sudan.
- Tribal Beer?
- What reveals your personal leadership style.
- The mantra that’s guided her career.
- What it's like being the first person in your family to go to college.
- When losing her dream job because of her biggest opportunity.
- The mistake people make when asking for help.
Connect with the Host, #1 bestselling author Ben Fanning