Do you have what it takes to become an entrepreneur? It's a question that many leaders inside organizations ponder for years. Just because you've led a team and managed a P&L, does that mean you'll be successful starting and growing a business from scratch?
In this interview you'll discover three questions you should answer BEFORE becoming an entrepreneur.
I hosted, Patrick Bryant, a serial entrepreneur, professional speaker, and co-founder and CEO of Charleston-based software product agency CODE/+/TRUST.
After co-founding his first company Go To Team, the largest staff video crew provider in the U.S., and taking it to 20 offices around the US 25 years ago, he then had a steady stream of new businesses in media, rolling papers, and software. As an entrepreneur, he continues to start and invest in new startups including, Teamphoria (human resource engagement software), and Event. Gives (fundraising event software), Crew Mama (crew production directory software) & Shine Rolling Papers.
All told, Patrick has successfully launched 6 (& counting) multi-million dollar companies.
Bryant feels strongly about making the world a better place through the impact of entrepreneurship.
He serves as the co-Director of Startup Grind DC, founded and currently chairs the Harbor Entrepreneur Center, and was previously Chairman of Palmetto Goodwill as well as the Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce. He’s also recognized as a Liberty Fellow by Wofford College and the Aspen Institute, a Riley Fellow by Furman University, and is a member of the Aspen Global Leadership Network. He is also an Entrepreneur Organization Certified Speaker.
Patrick's LinkedIn profile
Code + Trust website
Go To Team website
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- How to teach children about entrepreneurship at a young age.
- What inspired Patrick to start his first company at 17.
- An essential leadership lesson for entrepreneurs.
- The one thing any corporate leader starting a business needs to keep in mind.
- A quick hack to increase success.
- How to have a winning mindset.
- How to surround yourself with A players.
- Why your friends are indicators of what your future will be.
- The inspiration and amazing story behind his business, Shine 24k Rolling Papers.
”Show me who your friends are, and I'll show you your future.”
Connect with Ben: