Should you use artificial intelligence to lead your team? This question may seem straight out of science fiction, but it's actually a burning question that top companies are asking around the globe today.
I host IBM's first Global Chief AI Officer, Seth Dobrin, on the show, and he shares the steps that every leader should take to create an AI strategy.
In his role, Seth leads IBM's corporate AI strategy and is responsible for connecting the development and governance of AI across IBM's business units with a systemic creation of business value.
The commitment to human-centered AI prompted Seth to create a new methodology that helps companies develop AI strategies built on trust, providing business outcomes that are more fair, more accurate, and focused on real humans' needs.
This methodology has helped elevate AI from being simply a tool used to make processes more efficient to an overarching catalyst of business transformation.
Seth was recognized as AI Innovator of the Year 2021 at the AIconics Awards and named one of Corinium's Top 100 Leaders in Data & Analytics 2022.
He has his undergraduate degree in Microbiology and a PhD in Molecular and Cellular biology from Arizona State University.
Seth's LinkedIn profile
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- The important difference between AI and Machine Learning.
- If you should be worried about being “AI’ed” out of a job and what to do about it.
- Three steps to build an AI strategy for your team.
- Surprising places you’d never expect AI.
- The science fiction that inspired him as a kid.
- The one course he requires his kids to take (and why we should all take it ourselves).
- Why you should consider applying for a job even if you’re only 70% qualified.
- How AI can help leaders declare their vision (and it’s limitations).
- The guiding principle for how leaders should use AI.
- Helpful gadgets for leaders.
"AI won't replace managers and leaders, but managers and leaders who use AI will."
Connect with the Host, #1 bestselling author Ben Fanning