Leaders need to think beyond their biases and see the opportunities that can make a huge impact on the organization’s bottom line.
Don’t jeopardize the significant benefits that diversity and inclusion can have on your organization! Leaders think it’s just the right thing to do, but it's absolutely crucial in order for businesses to thrive in the diverse world we live and operate in.
I host Theresa Torres, CDEIO of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, where she shares how organizations benefit from being more diverse and inclusive and how to put concrete actions into place.
Prior to working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, she worked as a leader at ADP, Verizon, and Merril Lynch.
She loves her work, is inspired by the talent/knowledge of others she gets to work with, and believes success is a unique journey defined by the individual.
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- What does a Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer at the Federal Reserve do?
- How you can thrive as a leader even in a “Hunger Games” environment.
- Why creating a more inclusive cultural drives bottom-line results.
- A first step to increase inclusion on your team.
- A strategy to instill positivity in your team.
- Her top networking strategy.
- The weight machine that’s made a big difference for her and her family.
Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Why Is Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace Important? blog post
Greater progress on diversity and inclusion essential to rebuild productive and resilient workplaces article on International Labour Organization website
Connect with the Host, #1 bestselling author Ben Fanning
Speaking and Training inquires
Subscribe to my Youtube channel