Without Trust Your Company Won’t Survive.
Virgin Pulse CEO, Chris Michalak, shares the action he took to build trust with his team and thousands of virtual employees at a critical time.
It’s become the lifeblood of his companies.
This perspective’s been so effective in trust building that the relationships endure and transcend the workplace even years later.
Virgin Pulse, part of Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group, is the world’s #1 health, wellbeing and navigation platform. They impact over 100 million people across 190 countries by helping Fortune 500, national health plans and many other organizations.
Chris is passionate about leadership and enabling leaders in his organization to reach their full potential and says his leadership is the product of great mentors, great experiences, and difficult circumstances that have shaped his approach and authenticity.
He also held senior leadership roles at Aon Hewitt, Buck Consultants, and Towers Perrin.
He has an undergraduate degree from Michigan State and MBA from Northwestern Kellogg School of Management.
Chris' LinkedIn profile
Virgin Pulse's website
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- What Sir Richard Branson famously said about employees.
- Chris’ leadership framework.
- What determines his leadership style.
- The exercise that immediately boosted trust.
- The book he uses with this leadership team.
- Why some relationships that transcend the work envioronment.
- How to build trust with virtual team.
- A difficult moment in his career that ultimately led to CEO.
- The two movies that inspire his leadership.
Connect with the Host, #1 bestselling author Ben Fanning