In the world of conventional leadership, experience and expertise often take center stage, but this misses something important… cultivating a childlike sense of wonder and curiosity.
If you’re a fan of instilling a growth mindset in yourself and others then this episode is for you.
Mike Evans, Co-Founder of Grubhub and CEO of Fixer challenges us all to rethink our approach to success as we uncover the untapped potential of embracing naivete, and he shares a powerful example of how it’s elevated his business.
In case you're not familiar with Grubhub, they are the leading online and mobile food-ordering and delivery marketplace with the largest and most comprehensive network of restaurant partners, as well as 32 million active diners.
Fixer the "right now" handyman service, responding to customer requests in less than an hour with skilled, friendly workers.
Mike is also Author of Hangry: A Startup Journey, my memoir about starting Grubhub and running it through to the IPO.
Mike's LinkedIn profile
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- The moment that sparked Grubhub.
- The secret behind Grubhub’s incredible success.
- How many pizzas per week he ate in Grubhub’s early days.
- The mindset that enables you to constantly identify new entrepreneurial opportunities.
- The vital leadership lesson he learned biking across America.
- Why naivete is an important leadership skill.
- Why brutal honesty works.
- How his company Fixer adapted, survived, and thrived through a challenging time.
- How to start a business that makes money AND has a positive societal impact.
- Why racket sports help you live longer.
- What he’s learned about self-care sailing across the Atlantic.
Connect with the Host, #1 bestselling author Ben Fanning